10 Questions With a Superintendent
We caught up with Jewett Superintendent Andrew Mini to get to know more about him and the projects he loves!
- Lynnfield, Massachusettes
- What time do you wake up in the morning?
- I typically wake up by 3am and I’m on my job site by 4:30am or 5am. I am definitely a morning person.
- What does a typical week look like for you?
- No two weeks are the same. But overall, I keep everything running smoothly and I make sure every task is getting done according to schedule. I’m also responsible for keeping the jobsite and everyone on it safe and that is very important to me.
- Before working at Jewett, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
- The most unique job prior to Jewett was working to make jails in Massachusetts ADA compliant.
- What has been your favorite project at Jewett?
- We completed a job for client that due to the nature of the project I can’t fully discuss – but it has been my favorite project yet. I loved being able work on an incredibly clean jobsite and I had a great experience working with all of the subcontractors within the area of that client!
- What’s been one of your proudest moments working with Jewett?
- Any time the customer is excited about the progress or final product I love that. The phone calls I get when the customer is pleased and happy is always good news.
- What do you like do to do when you’re not on site?
- I love to travel and I love riding my Harley. I’ve been riding motorcycles for 30 years. So when I’m not on site I’ve disappeared on my Harley. Once of my favorite places to ride around here is Vermont. The roads are great and the views are wonderful, I’ve seen a bear or two while riding out there.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled too?
- Anywhere in the Caribbean. Turks and Caicos is great and I’d love to go back. But I also enjoy Bermuda any time I can get there – I’ve been there about 15 times.
- If you could switch your job with anyone else within Jewett, whose job would you want?
- I wouldn’t want to trade with anyone! I love my job and I like what I do.
- What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
- Iced coffee. I homebrew my own daily. French vanilla with cream is my go-to in the morning.
Learn how Jewett Construction can help you with your next project.